Saturday, October 11, 2008

Random first photos!

This is a sign that we are staying in a fancy place!! INTERNET that is somewhat fast!! After being apart for 2 weeks, Jeff , myself and the kids decided to treat ourselves and stay in a fancy hotel in Kampala for the weekend! To save on some time (we're getting ready to head to church)
I'll just give you a rundown on all the photos. Hopefully tonight I can attempt another blog post. We really need to get Internet once we get to Arua. We will be flying there on Monday!

Okay,...so below you will find Rapha School! The kids in new uniforms thanks to KidsLake, YOU, Brandie and a second grade class in the states that raised money for tuition and uniforms. Also, THE WELL at RAPHA!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will see 2 girls carrying water jugs on their heads....well, in 2 to 3 weeks that will be NO MORE! The well is in progress and we all got to see it for ourselves. Thanks to Brandie, Greg, John and many of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU GUYS for making this happen!!! I can't tell you the JOY it brings the Rapha school and community!!
Photos of Brandie and the kiddos!! Me and Brandie met for the first time in person on Uganda soil! Can you imagine?? We hugged and had an amazing time!! WE ARE BLESSED!! It was so refreshing for me to see and hang with such an awesome, Jesus Loving group of folks from the States! THANKS TEAM for letting me tag along with you all!! I enjoyed meeting all of you and pray for safe travels as you guys continue to explore Uganda.
Photos of me and Marium, the cook at Arthurs house. She has taught me how to cook Matoke, which is a type of banana which you cook and eat with sauce. One of my favorite Ugandan dishes!!
Photos of the Solar Oven Bethesda was awarded by the Rotary Club. Ruth applied for the oven in 2000 and they just received it when we got to Bethesda 2 weeks ago. We baked breads, cakes, fish, potatoes!!! Jack and Lisa (from Great Harvest), you would have been proud of my bread skills!!! WOW! It was so exciting!! Bethesda hopes to bake bread and start a business where they use the profits for Rapha School and other projects.
Lastly photos of the kids at the Entebbe zoo when we first got here! Oh, one more photo of laundry and meat hanging on the line! Crazy eh? They were drying meat outside along with their laundry. I tasted the meat, it was similar to beef jerky!!
Okay, would love to write a million more stories!! I will do that once we get settled! LOVE YOU ALL LOADS!!!!
Peace,
Katie and the fam'





















10 comments:

jena said...

Ahhhh.... I stood in some of those same places!!! Loved all the pics. It's great to be home but seeing those pictures.... hmmmmm, Uganda, I think we shall meet again!

Love y'all!
Jena

Dono & Laurie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!pictures! oh man i have tears in my eyes just getting to see you all! you will never know how much WE ALL miss you! oh man kiss F & O all over their faces from me(L) BTW F has totally grown!!?
email when you get to Arua K
LOVE BIG LOVE TO YOU ALL! got your text thanks for praying for C! she's doing better:) talk soon!!!!
LUV

Stackie said...

How fun! Thanks for the update! Love and miss you all!

Lisa G said...

Katie, How awesome to see some pics of you guys and to see Bethesda. The bread looks delicious, but not so sure about the meat strips (maybe an aquired taste!). What a joy to know you all are doing great, loving people, and right in the center of God's heart and plan for you!

S and K said...

What amazing pics. You are on our minds more often than you know... praying for you all and rather envious too!

Love,
Katy

Brandi said...

Yeah!!! I miss you guys already! What a FUN way to meet up! You got WAY better pics too since my camera died at Rapha! I'm going to have to steal those babies.

Love you bunches! I just posted all our sweet pics on Facebook. Hope you find GOOD internet in Arua!

Love you,
Brandi

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

That is great!!! YEAH of YEAH! I haven't checked your blog in a while because I was in Texas for a week. Looks like you are having a great time. We miss you!!!

the needy's said...

katie mama...sup dawg! Okay that was JAck now it's me, Lisa. It is so great to see and hear about what is happening so far. We LOVE, LOVE you guys and can't wait to hug your necks when you return.
Miss you lots-

Becky Avella said...

Thank you for taking us all to Africa with you. I can't wait to read more.

Love,
Becky

Melodie said...

Great to see an update!! I'm glad things are going well.